Thursday, October 27, 2011

Revlon Spice It Up, Part 2

I had no intentions of getting the any more of Revlon's Spice It Up holiday collection but CVS is running a Revlon special this week (buy $15 get $6 Extrabucks). The display even has coupons! Of course with coupons and Extrabucks (from earlier CVS purchases) burning a whole in my pocket, they ended up in my basket. Le sigh. I'm really glad to have them though.

I was most excited to try Snow Bunny, the white glittery shade. I did three coats here, but you could probably get away with two if you're more careful.


It has a really nice hint of pink and green shimmer that my camera just refused to let me show you properly, but here's a hint of it.


At first I though it was going to be a dupe for Finger Paint's Private Collection, but the pink shimmer in that one is way stronger. Zoya's Ginessa actually ended up being much closer.

L-R: Private Collection, Snow Bunny, Private Collection, Ginessa.

Next up: Cheers. This dusty rose pink is not something I really expected to see in a holiday collection, but it's rather refreshing. 

Varnished is a pewter shade. Three coats and it was a bit brush-strokey on me, but it works well as a stamping polish so she'll stay in my stash.


And last but not least Ignite.


This is a nice red y'all and I'm not even into reds like that! It's orangey and jewel toned and has a golden shimmer that really warms it up. Nice! Perfect for the holidays.

If you want these holiday-themed polishes, this week is a great time to grab them! You can see the first four shades I swatched here.

No comments:

Post a Comment