Tuesday, November 1, 2011

31 Days of Manis: Day 1, Red Nails: OPI Smitten With Mittens

For the month of November, I'll be doing a 31-day manicure challenge with L of Bright Lights, Big Color, Kisten of Polish Pauper and Katherine of Manicure Addict. The challenge is broken down into three-ten day segments: colors, patterns and inspiration--with the 31st day dedicated to re-creating your favorite challenge mani. You can see the full schedule here.

First up on the "31 Days of Manis" Challenge is red nails. I'm not much of a red nail polish girl, but I found OPI's Smitten with Mittens back when I picked up the second half of the holiday Revlons and I just couldn't pass it up. Boy am I glad I didn't. This shade is from OPI's 2009 Holiday Wishes collection. It's funny how these old collections randomly pop up at CVS. I don't know where they get their stock, but I'm glad they do!

I did two coats here and topped it with Seche Vite. I love this deeper shade of red and how the golden shimmer gives it a "lit from within" look.


This is a red I can get behind. A red I can believe in.


Now head on over to check out these fab ladies for their Day 1 manis: L of Bright Lights, Big Color, Kisten of  Polish Pauper and Katherine of Manicure Addict. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's challenge mani: orange nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment