Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Queen of Paisley

It's "Classics Week" on the nail board on MakeupAlley so I started this week out with Butter London's All Hail The Queen.

It's a really nice nude on me, but it's really hard to get its holographic shimmer to come out and play. Since the sun is playing peek-a-boo in my neck of the woods I decided to amp up this manicure with some stamping.



I used Orly's Rococo A Go-Go, from the Mineral FX collection and the paisley-esque image plate M64 (the Mash dupe for the Konad plate).

I love the way this turned out, considering when I was a little girl I couldn't stand paisley print anything. My mother however loved it and would sew me all these church dresses in the pattern.




To this day I have no idea how she managed to find all those different colored prints. I had enough paisley print dresses to rotate to church for two months straight--no repeats. I'm sure she would love this manicure.
So here's to my childhood. Eh, perhaps paisley isn't so bad after all. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment