Tuesday, November 22, 2011

31 Days of Manis: Day 22, Inspired By A Song

As soon as I saw that there was a challenge day to create a mani based on a song I knew I was going to use Prince & The New Generation "Diamonds and Pearls." I freaking love this song and I had been dying to use these pearly white gems and these clear rhinestones I bought from an eBay seller over the summer.


The song is an umptempo ballad about love, so I used American Apparel's Hassid as my base color and went to town with the rhinestones and pearls--creating a heart on my index finger, an arrow on my middle finger, Prince's symbol--yes that's what that's supposed to be--on my ring finger and a triple strand "diamond/pearl necklace" on my pinky. Not pictured is my thumb that I left plain black. This mani doesn't nearly do justice to this song, but I'm okay with it.

And for your viewing pleasure I leave you with the "Diamonds and Pearls" video. Enjoy it with me, and then go see what songs  L and  Katherine were inspired by. 

 

I'll be wracking my brain for some kind of mani inspired by a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment