Monday, November 7, 2011

31 Days of Manis: Day 7, Black & White Nails: Laced

Seven days of manis already? Wow. Today calls for Black and White nails, so I pulled out a black transparent lace transfer foil that I bought from a UK eBay seller JennySellsFoils.

I started with a base of two coats of Orly Au Champagne, from their 2011 holiday collection Holiday Soiree. It's an icy shimmery white. I topped that with Seche Vite waited for it to dry and then moved on to the next step.


For foil transfers to work you need a foil adhesive. I used the one I bought from Dollar Nail Art. You apply the foil adhesive over your dry nail polish. It goes on light blue and after about five minutes it turns clear and tacky and is ready for you to put the foil on top. Using small strips, I smoothed the foil over my nail with a q-tip. After about a minute or so you pull the transfer foil up and your design is left on the nail.


This turned out to be a huge pain in the ass. As you can see the design didn't completely transfer on my ring finger. I don't know if I had the timing wrong on the glue or the transfer but this came out a hot mess. I had to do several nails over several times. This is seriously the best I could get it to look. And that's really not saying much...ugh...I had such high hopes for this mani.Oh well at least I only have to look at this monstrosity for one day.

Well I'm all ready to see what L, Kisten and  Katherine have come up with. Make sure you check them out too. Tomorrow is metallic nails. Hopefully those will be easier for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment