Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Essie French Affair and Orly Rage

I signed up to be a part of the Pink Wednesday family--so here's my inaugural post.

In keeping with "Classics Week" on MakeupAlley's nail board I chose Essie's French Affair, the namesake of their Spring 2011 collection. It's a soft bubble gum or cotton candy pink creme bordering on Pepto-Bismol territory.


I've heard people complain about the formula on this, but I did two coats over Nail Life Ridge Filler and had no problems. I decided to stamp over it, so I grabbed Orly Rage, a rose metallic, and that Mash M64 image plate I had laying around from yesterday's manicure.

I started with an accent nail on my ring finger in case things didn't go well, but I liked how it turned out so I decided to go for the gusto.


I'm quite smitten with the tone-on-tone stamping.


I couldn't be happier with the way this turned out!


So are you rocking your pink today? How do you feel about the tone-on-tone stamp look?

2 comments:

  1. I like the tone on tone stamping. Sometimes a subtle stamp can be just as pretty as a vivid one! Welcome to pink Wednesday's :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marta! I agree. Subtle stamps are just as nice as vivid ones!

    ReplyDelete