Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Milani Color Play Swatches

I was in CVS the other day and I saw the new Milani Color Play collection. It had been a while since I had seen a new Milani collection that I was actually interested in so I was excited. I picked up four of the six colors. There was also a silver called Silver Stiletto and pink called Tip Toe Pink included in the collection, but they didn't excite me much so I left them.

L-R: Sail Away, Orchidia, Mint Candy, Beach Front

Sail Away denim blue with very strong silver shimmer running through it. I did two coats here, but I could have easily gotten away with one had I not been trying to camouflage the patch on my middle finger nail. As you can see it dries a bit darker than bottle color, but that's alright with me.


 Mint Candy. My absolute favorite of the collection. It's a pretty turquoise with this awesome light turquoise shimmer running through it. Two coats shown here. It's a bit greener than my swatch shows here though. I love tone on tone shimmer. It excites me! LOL.


 Orchidia, runner up for my favorite in the collection. I tried to color correct this photo a bit as my camera absolutely refuses to show the true color of any purple. It's a purple that leans towards the pink end of the spectrum and it has this great silver shimmer running through it to keep it interesting. As with the others I did two coats here.


 And the last of the four I picked up, Beach Front, a pretty sky blue color with silver shimmer. Again two easy coats for this swatch. It looks like it could be a cousin of OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam and OPI I Have a Herring Problem from the Holland Collection.


I really like all of these. The formula is really smooth and easy to work with. Two coats and you're set. Have you guys seen these yet? Are you planning on getting any of these? If you haven't spotted them at CVS, they're available on MilaniCosmetics.com for $4.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment