Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras Mani

Hey guys! It's Fat Tuesday! Yay! To celebrate, I went with a traditional purple, green and gold theme for my Mardi Gras mani.


I started with two coats of L'Oreal's Amazon Flash, a super sparkly yellow toned gold. I still had visible nail line after two coats, but I knew I was layering another glitter over it so I didn't let that bother me.



Then I topped that with two coats of China Glaze Marry a Millionaire, which is seriously Mardi Gras in a bottle. It has purple, green and gold bar glitter in a clear base. So perfect for the occasion! It does dry with a gritty finish so be prepared to use your favorite glitter taming combo. I used one coat of Gelous and then one coat of Pro-FX Quick Dry.


It's like Mardi Gras confetti in polish form! I love this! My family is Guyanese and we celebrate this day as Shrove Tuesday. I'm waiting for my mom to call me with her Shrove Tuesday pancake recipe and then I'll be all set!


I originally wanted to stamp a mask design over this, but the image was huge and didn't fit on my ring finger, so I just left it as is. Simple, but still very blingy and festive. I hope you guys enjoy your day. Did you do a festive mani? Tweet me some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment