Monday, January 30, 2012

Extra Extra Read All About It: Newspaper Nails

Happy Monday!

Did you guys have a good weekend? I did but they are always too short. So here we have my week five challenge mani: newspaper nails.


I had a tough time with this challenge mani. Who knew it would be so hard to get newsprint to transfer clearly to nails?

I don't know if I had too much rubbing alcohol on my nails or if I wasn't pressing the newspaper down hard or long enough, but as you can see I got very light transfers. It was probably some combination of the three. Or maybe the Baltimore Sun uses cheap ink. LOL.

It was late when I did this and I wasn't about to start over. Eh. I guess it's not so bad. Not great but at least you can tell what it is.

The base is two coats of Petites Color Fever Vintage Gray. I like this gray because it doesn't give me corpse hands.


Have you guys tried the newspaper print look? Maybe I'll try it again when I'm not racing against the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment