Sunday, January 22, 2012

Adventures in Color Blocking

Well I'm off to a great start on this weekly challenge. *Insert self side-eye*

My apologies for not posting the Week 3 challenge mani on Monday like I promised, but I had some computer issues last weekend and couldn't manage a work around until now.

So here's my take on color blocking. I did some google and youtube searching on what a color blocking mani was *supposed* to look like, but I wanted something different. My first thought to was to do something based on those tri-tone gold bracelets but I ended up going with a burgundy tone for the third color instead of a white gold shade.


I started with a coat of China Glaze Love Letters (my favorite "my nails but better" color). The gold is Nicole by OPI The Next CEO, the rose gold is Nicole by OPI It Starts With Me, and the burgandy-ish color is Nicole by OPI Sounds Grape to Me.


I probably spent a good hour and a half on this mani. I used tape to create the lines and sooooooo much Seche Vite. Seriously I think this mani added about a quarter of an inch thickness to my nails. LOL. I wasn't completely enamored with it at first but it grew on me the longer I wore it. I got lots of compliments over the week. Yes! I wore it for an entire week.

Tomorrow I'll have a plaid mani to share with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment