Monday, November 28, 2011

31 Days of Manis: Day 28, The Golden Arrowhead

I decided on a tribute to my parents' heritage for my "inspired by a flag" mani. They emigrated from Guyana in the 1970s. I was born in America but they've told me countless stories about their home country. I've never visited, but I hope to one day. Anyway here's my mani, which does absolutely no justice to the Guyana flag know as "The Golden Arrowhead."



The colors in the Guyana flag are symbolic with the green representing agriculture and forests, the white for the country's rivers and water, the gold for mineral wealth, black for endurance, and red for zeal and dynamism.


The green is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Going Green, the white is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White, the gold is American Apparel Manilla, the black is Wet n Wild Black Creme and the Red is Wet n Wild Everybody Loves Redmond.

This challenge is really winding down. Tomorrow I'll have nails inspired by the supernatural. After that I have two more manis to complete before this challenge is officially over!

No comments:

Post a Comment